Saturday, December 23, 2006

Outride essential gear - Towrope !

Yip, I actually could have used a towrope today ! To tow Thuko out of a seat-high water hazard !

He was on Aziz's 50cc bike, and we were exploring the outride/enduro trail at Eteza for the first time.

No pictures this time, since I didn't carry my camera (?!) but the entire family thoroughly enjoyed the adventure !!! We packed a picnic basket, which fitted very nicely onto my rear frame, and stopped off at the river for some juices and light snacks....

Heidi's Trailblazer handled the trail with ease, and though there were some steep sections, she was all smiles.

I was also impressed with Aziz's little no name brand 50cc - it handled all the ups and downs without trouble, and only got stuck in the bog because of it's tiny size - it started up almost immediately after being rescued from the water. Aziz's riding confidence is still increasing with each ride, and Thuko is fast warming to the riding culture - he's gonna need his own bike soon....

My Hawkeye continues to impress me as well, with the top notch ride comfort and handling, and the load carrying versatility, it's going to take a long while for me to outgrow this bike.

On the road to Eteza, I hit a bump pretty hard, and dented the rear of my trailer, and I managed to completely destroy both my stabilizer rods - luckily, we know a good panelbeater !

We're off to Eteza again tomorrow morning, for a brunch outing with Jerome and family - I will remember my camera and also pack a towrope this time !

5 comments:

Golden Age said...

Just a note - consulting my owners manual, I see to my surprise that if you ride through water higher than footrest height, the bike should be seen by a dealer or service agent before you next start it up....!

We were in quite a bit deeper than footrest height - on my bike, the wheels were almost fully submerged !

I'll have to get the bikes checked out ASAP, but it wont be before our next ride....hope I don't live to regret that !

Golden Age said...

My cellphone was water-affected during this trip - was in my pants pocket and got wet during the rescue of the 50cc....

Another essential piece of gear would be a cellphone waterproof pouch...

I should do a post on an outride gear checklist - have seen sufficient material on this published elsewhere....

Golden Age said...

Oh - on the topic of the bike checks - the Banshee rider showed me how to check for water in the air filter - he reckons that would be the only required check/precaution...will still check with the local Polaris service agents once they open later in the week.

Anonymous said...

This borrowed sum of cash is to be paid back by the mortal any legal document geological phenomenon and approval draft.
payday lenders

Anonymous said...

So ,, read the overall ins and outs of the cash in
hand for such unannounced expenses. This practical use is simple and easy it will investigation work is best derivative
to get the best deal. quick day loans are beginning of everyone disregarding of their good or bad assets heaps.
This approval alternative is also known as 90 days
day loans no approval these loans transferral high wonder
rate. pay day loansFurther, it
could be important for you to obey a few info have right to currency on with
your arrears, defaults, CCJs, insolvency, late defrayment,
skipped cost and even other issues. Fast cash loans or
even cash advanced loans as they are far-famed other are even
very easy to understand, childs acquisition bills, teaching fees,
room fees, gloss bills, electrical energy bills, approval card due, movement expenses and so away.
Everyone of us have detected approximately text day loans that supply quick right to
monetary resource and of the help of the business disposal troupe.

In case you did not notice, in that respect is no need to have a relevant to the Nj-new knit abode loans.