Monday, August 2, 2010

Ride Reports : Fish Eagle forest trail



2 reports by email, after rides on the newly-created Fish Eagle Trail....


Report #1 by Stef

I died 3 times. I almost killed Adriano on the narrow bridge and ate Vincent’s gel. Through the loose sand Adriano and Vincent were riding in front of me when a sand monster came out, grabbed me and sucked me into the sand. Luckily I was able to poke him in the eye with my pump and I could escape. This is the only reason Adriano and Vince had to wait for me. It had nothing to do with my 97kg digging my tyres into the sand.

Later that day Vincent fell asleep while we were talking to him, and I had the best beer(s) of the whole week.


Report #2 by Indi


Hi All,
I went out on the Saturday trip and had a good walkout. Just that after a quarter of the cycle I lost the team, either due to my pace or lack thereof. Needless to say it was then just me against the elements. I ended up taking the 16km loop as I was clueless where the 25km loop was (relying solely on my instinct given we did this at night!). It was a bit uncomfortable at times going through the isolated areas. Overall though I was content with my workout.

My appeal is that we should maintain the ‘Broke Chain Gang’ approach doing these trips together. At least 2 should be available for these cycles.

Looking forward to the next trip.
PS. I am still trying to get my bike out off reverse gear

No comments: