Friday, November 24, 2006

Van Heerden's Farm aka Eteza Track



Riders : Aroon,Thaven, Jerome

Bikes : Yamaha Raptor 700, Yamaha Raptor 350

Trail : Eteza motorcross track

GPS : eTrex Legend
added this location as a waypoint

Conditions : Track was nice and dry, even though it had rained a bit that morning. Up above, it was overcast and late afternoon sun was gentle and fading.

After attending the family day the previous weekend at this location, I was keen to bring Thaven out to the track.

Borrowing Craig's trailer, we got two Raptors to the track, with Thaven succeeding in twisting Jeromé's rubber arm to make the trip.
Once we arrived at the track, I tried to drive up to the farmhouse to pay our track fees, but after ending up tangling with the neighbours' boerboels, and almost sticking the wheels of the Colt in some really soft sand, I decided to pay twice next time !

Though I didn't have a bike for the session, we took turns doing a couple of laps each at a time, and swapping riders.

We had a fun time going through the corners, and jumps, and were quite stiff in the chest, arms and back for days afterwards !

P.S - check out the pilots and their flying machines

2 comments:

Golden Age said...

Not bad photos, taken with your cellphone, with the light fading fast....

Anonymous said...

Yamaha Raptor 700R looks sweet as. I have seen alot of these on the road and have always wondered how much quad bike insurance would set me back. but my local councils have been clamping down on off road activities by building fences around popular dirt tracks so I'm not sure how much use I would have for a quad bike in my area.